Friday, March 3, 2017

Humbling Words

Every time I have read Job chapters 38-41 I always think of how those words are so humbling and that it shows how magnificent, powerful and wise God truly is. We see God Himself actually speaking directly (audibly) to Job. Imagine you and your friends talking about God and saying He's not real or saying anything untrue about God then all of a sudden you hear these words spoken by God Himself, "Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge? Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me" Job 38:2-3. I mean if I had heard that I might have fallen back straight to the ground like the soldiers in the Garden of Gethsemane after Jesus said "I am He" in response to them saying they were looking for Jesus of Nazareth. (story found in John 18:1-12)
The very questions God asks in Job chapters 38-41 no know-it-all can answer. I love when God asks, “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand. Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it? On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy? " Job 38:4-7 and when He asked, “Have you commanded the morning since your days began, and caused the dawn to know its place?" Job 38:12. Who can answer that? Which human being can stand before God and say they have or can point out who has done those things? Even as a Christian who actually believes in God, what God said in those chapters is so humbling.
Who would dare to challenge the living God? Well, many atheists and others who don't believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ attempt to do it daily. I just watched some testimonies with several atheists who came to believe the truth about God, but one interview in particular stood out to me with former atheist Peter Hitchens . Peter said , "One of my reasons for the change in my view of this is that I am scared, but then again the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." Yes, "the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" as written in Proverbs 9:10 and Proverbs 111:10.

God isn't speaking to us today with an audible voice out of a whirlwind like He did in Job chapters 38-41, but He does speak to us through His Son Jesus Christ (Hebrews 1:1-2) and that is done through His words in the Bible. If we reject the word of God we have also rejected Jesus His Son and if a person rejected the Son of God they have rejected God because the two are One as Jesus Himself has said in John 10:30, "I and the Father are one.” and what He explains in John 12:46-49 "I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness. If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world.  There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.  For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.and John explains in 1 John 2:22-23. "Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son. No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also."



The counsel I would give anyone denying the existence of God or denying Jesus Christ as the Son of God is this, humble yourselves. God will give mercy and grace to you if you humble yourselves (James 4:6), believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ and repent while you still have time (Acts 16:30-31).
You must be born again (John 3:1-21), meaning born of the Spirit of God after you have confess your sins (admit you are a sinner), Repented of your sins (turn away from your sins, meaning stop doing them, instead of doing evil, bad, wrong, choose to do what is good in the sight of God),  Believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ which is Good News. It is good news because of this: since the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23) and we ALL are sinners  (Romans 3:23) we deserved death  BUT God in Christ Jesus paid that price for us with  His life so we wouldn't have to, He did that because He loves us. God came in the flesh (Jesus Christ ) meaning God actually became a human being and laid down His life for us so we could be reconciled to Him as mentioned in 1 Timothy 3:16. He was delivered to death for our sins, but He was resurrected for our justification (Romans 4:25). God not only does that but He also supplies believers with His Holy Spirit who teaches us the truth and comforts us and helps us to resist sin and He helps us to walk in God's ways if we obey God (John 14:25-27). God didn't give us all this time for people to go about denying His existence and blaspheming His name and living is sin. God has given us all this time for people to repent of their sins, (2 Peter 3:9). We ALL must believe the testimony He has given of His Son Jesus Christ which is that we have been given eternal life and that is through Jesus Christ the Lord, (Romans 6:23, 1 John 5:9-12).

"The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9

"Although God overlooked the ignorance of earlier times, He now commands all men everywhere to repent. For He has set a day when He will judge the world with justice by the Man He has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising Him from the dead" Acts 7:30-31

"Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near." Matthew 3:2.

21 comments:

Brenda said...

Lovely what you have written here Sateigdra. When we are born again it is of God (Who is Spirit) Who becomes our Father, just as Jesus was born of the Spirit of God and not through any of man's insemination. We become a new creation and have to learn God's ways, through that written word, having the mind of Christ. It is only through the Spirit of God that there is eternal life.
God bless you for sharing what God has brought you to share Sateigdra.

Brenda said...

Sateigdra,
I have just been over onto soundcloud, have not been over there for a long time, and have seen your comment. I have tried to leave a comment but it will not accept my password. I am afraid to change it as I do not know enough about technology and do not know whether it will affect my blog password or not. Thank you for leaving your lovely comment on there, I have a lot more to learn about that site.
God bless you

S. Knowles said...

Thanks or dropping by I really appreciate it. I think maybe on soundcloud you can perhaps just reset your password by letting it know you forgot your password even if you haven't, instead of typing in your password where it says enter password just click that you forgot your password, then maybe the site can email you and you can reset the password from there. That is just my guess I don't know if it may work like that on there. I really like the testimony you shared it is so encouraging and comforting. May God continue to bless and keep you. :-)Please keep me in prayer.

Brenda said...

Hi Sateigdra,
I think I shall have to find out a lot more about soundcloud as it was the young girl at the library that set it up. Could you give me the name of your other blog again as I took it off my sidebar because I thought it was no good having two the same on there. I did not think about all the other different posts you had on your new one that I and other people could read. If you give me the full web address I can put it back on. Thank you Sateigdra, God bless you and we shall keep one another in prayer.

Laurie Collett said...

Wonderful post, Sateigdra! May all come to a saving knowledge of Him before it is too late! Praise God that the Creator of all, Who maintains the universe, desires fellowship with us and has a perfect plan of salvation through His Son! What a day that will be when we see Him face to face and know Him as He now knows us!
God bless you,
Laurie

Keith said...

Hi Sateigdra, Great Post!!! I would love to see the face of any naysayer, if God spoke that way to them. Excuse me for saying this, but I think they would definitely go in their pants. :-) God is in control. We know it. In the end, they'll know it. Thanks for coming to the blog. It's always nice to meet another member of the Remnant.

May God Bless You and Your Family

S. Knowles said...

Thank you for dropping by Laurie. Yes, what a day it will be to see the Lord face to face. May we all be ready. God bless and keep you.

S. Knowles said...

Thanks No Doubt. I keep forgetting your actual name. It's amazing to see how some people don't fear God at all but we know it is written that one day EVERY knee shall bow and EVERY tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.
It is always a pleasure to meet another brother or sister in Christ who follows sound doctrine and loves the Lord and brethren May we all remember to act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with our Lord.
God bless and keep you. Thanks for dropping by :-)

Keith said...

Hi Sateigdra, My name is Keith. Happy Resurrection Day! May God Bless You!

Brenda said...

Sateigdra,
I forgot this site was still on my list. I just left a message on Tim's blog for you. I am having trouble getting into your other site, a message keeps coming up saying it is not a safe site, and I have to shut my computer down to get out of it.

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Sateigdra,
I had an eerie feeling when I saw the news headline a few days ago about scientists marching and protesting all over the world. Many of them carried signs saying "Science is the Answer." What an affront to almighty God, Who alone is Truth.
Thanks again for the great post and for the comment on Saved by grace.
God bless,
Laurie

S. Knowles said...

Hello Laurie,
Thanks so much for dropping by. Amen, God alone is truth. May He grant us the boldness and grace to proclaim His word in this world.

God bless and keep you

S. Knowles said...

I really don't know why it's doing that. Perhaps it was your computer since others are able to come on without any issue. I hope it can be resolved.

Brenda said...

Hi Sateigdra,
it might be, as it has been different ever since I had a repair done a while ago.
I see that others are using this site anyway so it will be nice to come over here, as I don't want to risk it again.

Brenda said...

Hi Sateigdra,
just visited your blog again and had no problem. It must have been the repair work on my computer. Hope to see you posting again soon.
God bless.

Laurie Collett said...

Amen, Sateigdra -- God is truth! May He bless you richly.

Laurie Collett said...

Hi Sateigdra! Our preacher is doing a series on knowing our enemy, and he is using the book of Job as an illustration of God's interaction with Satan. Praise God for His hedge of protection about His children, and for His not allowing the devil to attack us unless it is for our good and His glory.
God bless,
Laurie

Susan said...

God is wonderful and amazing and true. The ones who say God is a lie are themselves liars, and their own words will stand in judgment against them unless they repent. Great post Sateigdra ❤️

S. Knowles said...

Hi Susan, thanks for dropping by. I just happened to come across your comment in my emails when I was checking my mail which I don't do as often I should. I haven't posted on here in a while because I started a new blog on wordpress. My new blog is redlikecrimson.wordpress.com

Thanks so much for your comment. God bless you. <3 :-)

Wise Hearted said...

Your site if well written and full of truth. It's easy to see you study a lot by what you written. Not only studied but looked deeper into the heart of God for wisdom. I love the book of Job, love that God over and over spells out His power and love for all of us. I love Job and how he humbles himself finally and see no matter how good we are, God is better. It's a good lesson to those who are self righteous. Great read, glad I stopped by, will be back.

S. Knowles said...

Hello Betty,
Thank you for dropping by and leaving kind and encouraging comments. I really appreciate it. I don't really post my blogs on here anymore. My latest blogs are on redlikecrimson.wordpress.com You can check it out sometime if you like. God bless you. :-)