Tuesday, December 15, 2015

An encouraging word on how to forgive and love like Jesus, especially in times when it's the MOST difficult.

I have never really shared another person's words as a blog post, but this message was so encouraging to me that I just felt compelled to share it in hopes that it will encourage many others  the same way it encourages me when it comes to loving and forgiving like Jesus Christ. This was written by someone on Facebook.

"Here is scriptures to give you to help you on anger and bitterness....

2nd Corinthians 2:10-11,

Apostle Paul said, to HIS ENEMIES!
"Do you think I forgive my ENEMIES in my OWNSELF, NO!!!!
I forgive my ENEMIES through the Son of God IN ME, least Satan gets advantage over me through unforgivness, anger etc. etc....
Apostle Paul forgave his ENEMIES, through JESUS CHRIST IN HIM.....!!!!!

So dear brother when your ENEMIES overcome you, and you fill the SPIRIT OF ANGER.....just say "I feel angry Lord please forgive me, and FORGIVE AND LOVE MY ENEMIES through me!!!!!
Jesus Christ forgave unto death... He said Father Forgive them for they know not what they do?
So brother the whole mystery of the Gospel, is JESUS CHRIST IN YOU, who works mightily in you, says (Colossians 1:27,29)...

JESUS CHRIST IN YOU FORGIVES YOUR ENEMY. THEN YOU LOVE YOUR ENEMY THROUGH JESUS CHRIST IN YOU. And this is who your LOVE IS PERFECTED!
You LOVE THROUGH JESUS CHRIST, (1st John 4:9,13, and verse 17)....
For where the Spirit of the LORD is there is LIBERTY!!! As you are changed into the same image of the SON of God from glory to glory transformed IN HIM, (2nd Corinthians 3:18)...

God bless you
Respectfully
Minister Sudegayel Rogers "


Recently, I've been feeling angry often and sad, I think even bitter at times and it begun to really consume almost all of my thoughts and it eventually became overwhelming till I felt I couldn't bear. A message like this, had I remembered, really would have helped to encourage me during that time. I did however pray a lot for God to strengthen me,  and He did.
This message, when I first read it, made me go, "wow! How did I not realize this or remember it?" It's never through our own strength but through God the Father's strength and through His Son Jesus Christ, that we forgive, be loving, show compassion, be gentle, patient, godly, holy, kind, perfect and bear all the fruit of God's Holy Spirit.
Whenever faced with anger or having problems forgiving, please remember we can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens us, (Philippians 4:13). Let the enemy know that we, the Children of God,  shall keep the commands of the Lord our God.


5 comments:

Laurie Collett said...

Dear Sateigdra,
With man this is impossible, but with the Holy Spirit within, all things are possible, even loving and forgiving our enemies. Praise God for His infinite love, mercy and grace!
Thank you for the enlightening post, & God bless,
Laurie

Controversial Christian said...

Great post, and short and to the point!!! Something I could learn, in both senses!! We need a Saviour to help us do what we cannot do. Is that so hard to understand. I'm talking about Christians now, primarily myself!!

S. Knowles said...

Thank you for dropping by Laurie. Yes, Praise God for His infinite love, mercy and grace. God Bless you.

S. Knowles said...

Hey, Tim.

I'm glad I was able to make this short and straight to the point. It's a great reminder to me, I hope to keep this in mind always. It's great to remember that we're not doing any of this on our walk alone.
God bless you Tim.

Steve Finnell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.